Tuesday 18 May 2010

Waipu Wedding 19/03/10

Following on from the Hens party the previous weekend was the wedding. Only my best buddy Leanne could muster up a truly beautiful day with only 5 weeks of planning and 4 months pregnant. She had it in Waipu (and yes to all the non kiwis it does cause a chuckle the name Why-Poo).
We arrived on the Friday night for the rehearsal and a group dinner before heading to the camp ground, apparently I looked like a party animal as the owner almost wouldn’t let me in worried I would cause a stir – must have been the somewhat goth look I had on that day. Gave my friend Kylie a giggle at my cityness when I hopped out of the car and asked what is that atrocious sound to her reply it’s a cow. Well this cow was not making that moo sound I learnt in old MacDonalds farm as a kid.
Saturday was a flurry of activity as we had the morning to dress the honeymoon cottage, move camp grounds, decorate the church and get ready the latter being a sadly rushed affair so needless to say I don’t look great in any photos. The ceremony was beautiful and brought forth many a tear in the aisles and as they had done the photos beforehand we were off straight to the reception after. 

This was when the fun for me started as with one full ex, one rejected setup, one indecent proposal in a cab and one alluded affair needless to say 4 men to avoid in a group of only 41 was not ideal – only remedy get exceeding drunk and dance all night with the father of the bride. I retired very drunk and proceeded to climb into my top bunk resting spot somehow forgetting I was not at home and stripped off everything and threw it to the rafters so when the morning toilet run hit and I realised I had not even a blanket to cover myself with for the decent in a room with 4 other people lets just say I was panicked but I used all those years of watching Macgyver to plan my escape and whipped the only thing I did have a pillow case off wrapped myself in a diaper as decided if spotted boobs were not as bad as butt and quickly made my exit. Upside I was up so early I saw a magnificent sunrise. Felt great at this time and not too bad all the way until the breakfast feast when the bomb hit I spent the next hour lying facedown under a dinghy until the dreaded drive home.

All in all though such a fun action packed weekend and Matt and Leanne were really lovely and I hope they continue to have the most incredible life together.



No comments:

Post a Comment