Tuesday 18 May 2010

Movie Mania 27-28/03/10

Started my weekend of movies with my friend Sarah watching “Did you hear about the Morgans?” it was a laugh nothing super amazing but enjoyable and good onscreen chemistry between Hugh and SJP. For those wondering yes we were watching in complete darkness for earth hour. Then woke up and watched the mind changing “Food Inc.” had to go on a meet free week after that one and soy as well as I consume oodles of soy on a daily basis. Very sad the reality of how the rich few can corrupt the masses of good people. Then went down memory lane with my friend Hayley and saw “The Goonies” which was so fun, had completely forgotten the storyline so was like watching it for the first time and really loved all the eighties flash backs. Finally went along to the World Cinema Showcase screening of “Hurt Locker” – easily the best film I have seen in forever as being the avid movie goer I am its hard to come across a film that truly has me on the edge of my seat and this one did, it was so well cast, scripted, shot and the scene with the soldier and his son will sit in my head for a long time very sobering. It most definitely deserved every award it received.

No comments:

Post a Comment