Monday 31 May 2010

Masterchef 27/04/10

I have been a bit hopeless on the cooking front at home as living alone it is simply less hassle to just eat out for lunch and dinner and really doesn’t cost much more but after getting a bout of inspiration post watching the latest masterchef series on TVNZ ondemand I decided to pull out my latest issue of Dish magazine and create atleast 3 recipes from it. Not particularly hard when this months issue is all about Italy.

I decided to give myself a night of indulgence so put Bach on the stereo, lit some candles and made a beautiful wild mushroom risotto followed by Tira mi su and both were mouth watering good.

The following day I made a slow roasted tomato and artichoke pasta which was equally as nice, I am happy to report Dish is still my favourite mag for food as the photography is stunning, the articles are well written and interesting and the recipes are that nice mix of achievable and exotic and always turn out perfectly (well as long as you are happy to part with lots of money to get all the ingredients they suggest and some are pricey).

No comments:

Post a Comment