Monday 31 May 2010

Tootsies, Teas, Boys and Bars 17/04/10

Now if you thought yesterday was jam packed and full of party items then you don’t know me well as I kept up the momentum today starting with a refreshing ride around the bays then went and relaxed in the massage chair of the Posh Nail pedicure ladies along with 3 other friends was very fun and came away with turquoise toes.

Then onto the best part High Tea at the Langham Hotel. All the girls were dressed beautifully and the food was fabulous as in conjunction with their anniversary and the release of Alice in Wonderland the food was all a bit crazy with blue sandwiches and exciting looking desserts. Our waiter was a laugh couldn’t quite get his head around my sisters allergies (Cane sugar, Dairy, Soy and Nightshade) and what to bring her so she ended up with a giant plate of fresh fruit I can think of worse things.

In a state of sugar overdose hysteria we headed down the road to watch the latest NZ film offering Boy and what a treat it was everything a good film should be with just the right balance of drama, action, humour and sentimentality and the main characters really drew you in. Plus the Maori haka take on Michael Jacksons Thriller was gold.

Then headed across to the Brooklyn bar to start the food and drink part of the evening transitioning from there to Cassette 9 catching a bit of the art fest Living Room films on the way then Nuffield Brewbar and Ponsonby Social Club before a burger and bed a long day from 8am – 3am but thoroughly enjoyable all the way.

I was completely spoiled by everyone with lots of surprises and presents so thanks to all my lovely ladies who make my life so special I am forever grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Yum but high tea kills me - I shouldn't eat anything there but cant resist and end up spending the rest of the day moaning with cramps. In fact the last trip resulted in a night sleeping on the bathroom floor!

    ReplyDelete