Monday 31 May 2010

Spoilt Tanya - 16/04/10

It’s my birthday today and yes all who know me are aware I make the most of this time of year and drag it out as long as possible — as lets face it the act of being alive is pretty great and I love looking back on the past and dreaming about the future.

This year particularly  feels like a good one, and I do have the theory that we hibernate during the odd years and achieve everything super exciting in the even ones so 32 today so a nice even start for a year to achieve loads.

Started the day very early like Christmas as mum and dad had given me my present the day before so couldn’t wait to see what I had been given, and what a super surprise a new camera – finally photos without the customary blur of my current one.

I made a super yummy carrot cake for morning tea. So nice in fact, it only lasted a few minutes before it was completely devoured at work. Then I went out for lunch and had an old favourite butter chicken for lunch as being a health nut of late had not had it in almost a year and boy did it taste as good as I remembered.

Then after work met some friends for drinks at the longroom the local Ponsonby place to spot the celebs.

Finally went for a family dinner at Turkish café and ate the largest meal ever which after cake and Indian was feeling a little rollie pollie to say the least.
What a great way to bring in the new year.

1 comment:

  1. Birthday festivals are the norm around here (for everyone but me - I don't do birthdays!), it is good to see others have birthday festivals too.

    ReplyDelete