Friday 20 October 2006

Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast






A quick Hi to Nancy and Cindy as to say thanks for recommending an amazing restaurant in the main square in Sorrento I ate and drank so much my tummy almost popped and the waiters were amazing.

So I left rome and am now in Sorrento via Naples. I am learning to take life like the Italians - Cruisy - as if you don't over here things like cars trying to run you down, ciggarette smoke in your face, stray cats and dogs that jump on you, trains that are cancelled for no apparent reason and paying for everything from shitting to moving might start to drive you mad but I actually find it hillarious.

I am loving seeing all these italions who think they are bronzed gods strutt the streets and a few fabulous poofy hairdoos.

Sorrento and the whole of the Amalfi coast is spectacular kinda the medditeraneun version of the Great Ocean Road or the Coromandel only their beaches are tiny and some lack sand but the cuteness of being at the base of a great big cliff and with turqoise waters makes up for it.

Tomorrow I leave for London and that makes for the end of my Europe league. I am a little sad as am just starting to get my accents right and know the low down on what to do, where to eat and who its safe to talk to. But atleast I have a wealth of places I now know I will come back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment