Saturday 28 October 2006

Kyoto










Well I love Kyoto and definately want to come back all the temples, shrines and castles are amazing and most reward you for the hard slog up hills and stairs with some impressive views.

Have met many lovely people on my stay here from Hong Kong, Singapore and Canada so it was nice to have some people to hang out with.

Managed to chase some Geisha - not really but did feel a little like a paparazzi stalker waiting for them to come out of their home and walk to their job. their faces are not a pretty as I thought they would be but their kimonos are incredible and even their little helpers are pretty cute.

My japanese is improving through pure need for survival as no where near as easy to navigate as in Tokyo which has english character signs everywhere.

hopefully I can upload some of the lovely pictures for you to see as this is one truely beautiful place.

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you. It sounds like Japan is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes is one of my favs - I know you would love it too

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so jealous. I want to be back there with allllllll my heart!

    ReplyDelete