Thursday 5 October 2006

black light theatre




well I have survived my second day in prague alone. today I continued my them of piled bones with a visit to the ossuary in Kutna Hora. they used the bones of 40,000 people to create pyramids and patterns in the chapel so comical and arty looking you couldn't really get creeped out - unlike the catacombes in Paris which are 20m underground in dark wet tunnels and just pile after pile of bones much more scary.

I also had goulash and beer and I have to say it was a slight variation on irish stew and beer which is one of my favourites.

I also saw a performance at laterna magika which was very different to anything I have seen before. A mix between cinema, black light theatre, ballet, circus and acting. they pre film a movie that the actors interact with its amazing but hard to explain. If anyone is in Prague in the future they should consider a visit.

I also got to go to the Alfons Mucha museum which re-established my love of his work. Not that I ever had much of a choice with mum and uncle Peter both teaching me about him from a young age. his skill as a draughtsman also was pretty amazing - i know how hard it is to freehand a perfect cicle but he could.

Anyway am off to czecky krumlov today for two days - can't wait as the castle is meant to be like sleeping beauties.

missing you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment