Tuesday 24 October 2006

Dynamic Tokyo in the rain





A huge thankyou (Domo Arigato Gozaimasu) to Yoshi and Ritsuko who have been amazing since I arrived yesterday. I feel like a queen. Today they booked me on a Hato bus tour of Tokyo which was great I did everything from tea ceremonies and BBQs to temples, shrines and shopping. A highlight was walking through Asakusa - one of the older districts. The shops were very tempting but I have sworn to myself that I am not going to buy 10 kilos of stuff like my last trip to Japan.

I was also treated to absolutely Oiishi yummy sushi at their daughter Nao's best friends family restaurant. I am now a lover of fresh tuna belly and flounder. Oh and I had sworn to go on a diet once I left Europe but oh well too much good food to eat in Japan.

Unfortunately the weather has decided to bucket down with rain but luckily I was born and bred in Auckland so don't let a little rain stop me from seeing everything. Not doing too bad only about 4 days of rain all up now in 6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment