Wednesday 25 October 2006

from Edo to Disneyland







Well it was another torrential rain day today but I had a great time. I met up with Satomi - the best tour a guide a girl could ask for who showed me all over Tokyo. We started at the famous Tsukiji fish markets which were interesting and had some of the best sushi ever. Then we strolled through Ginza to look at a few shops. Next it was Akihabara to buy a replacement camera for my broken one which I got a great deal on a canon powershot so am happy snapping again soon once I figure out how to use it.

We then went to Edo-Tokyo Museum definately one of the best museums I have ever been to. Edo is the period of the last shogun and samurai before the emperor came back to power moved to Edo and renamed it Tokyo. The museum has amazing minature models of everything some even move and have shows. also lots of life size replicas. I also got to see an exhibition of wood block prints from such famous names as Hokusai all very interesting and beautiful.

By now it was around 5pm so we hopped on the train to Disneyland to brave the fun in the cold wind and rain. It was actually great no ques, still very happy because of the music and the rides were fun. I went on the famous Big thunder mountain and Space mountain. My favourite was a ride made based on the movie The nightmare before Christmas only being October it was themed as halloween and it was visually amazing.

So home now very wet and cold but happy it was a succesful day. tomorrow a morning of shopping then off to Kyoto.

No comments:

Post a Comment