Monday 19 July 2010

Construction pits

I walk everywhere and as such have the time to notice things most drivers wouldn't in their daily commute. Two things that come to mind of late are locals turning their council plots of grass into gardens and the two development disasters.

Firstly the gardens. I try to go for a long walk during my lunch break and each day my fellow walker friend and I try to map out new routes around work. So it was on said walks that I started to notice that people were taking over the normally very plain sections of grass between the road and walk path and turning them into really sweet mini gardens. Here are photos of two of these transformations.


Secondly I have two construction pits around me one right in my street on the site that used to house a halfway house, which albeit a bit on the seedy side did give my street a bit of hard cred and certainly provided loads of entertainment. This is now a two time failed development so all that stands is a pit with foundations and concrete. The second and much uglier yet more transforming pit on the corner of Ponsonby and Williamson Avenue. This one was to be a massive undertaking to add new townhouses and shops to the area but alas also fell through so is also a pit of concrete and foundations. This site though keeps transforming as it started as very boring then came the hilarious swimming pool tag.

Then the gold spray painted wheel barrow - never remembered to take a pic of this.

Then it filled almost to the brim with water.


Then they pumped all the water out.


Then came more graffiti and some absolutely hilarious signs.

You have to love how the community gets in there and has their say.

No comments:

Post a Comment