Tuesday 27 July 2010

Bumping into blogs


So on Saturday I was lucky enough to go along to the first Art and Craft Fair at the Auckland Art Gallery. It was a buzz of activity with barely enough room to breathe but you could see why when you got the chance to look at the wares as they were all a cut above the Sunday hobby.

I purchased two lovely prints one as it was just so funny and the other because I liked the cute darkness of it.

The best part though was the most unexpected as through someone's blog - so long ago I cannot remember who I originally surfed off but I came across Tiny Happy and I had made the assumption she was Australian so you can imagine my surprise when the blog I have been reading for over a year transformed into real life and I got to meet the very beautiful lady behind it, her embroideries are even lovelier in real life.

We also had cakes at the very fun LaCouronne Bakery - reminds me of the bakeries I visited with my friend Ellen in Japan.

Check out these craft artists, they were my favourites on the day:
Boxx - perfect for any boys out there soon to ask their sweethearts the special question
Chasing Rabbit - I so want this ring so the savings have begun
Ferrit - would love a bleeding heart
Vandalised Vintage - Have wanted a set of seven deadly sins plates for ages

No comments:

Post a Comment