Tuesday 9 February 2010

Yellow Chocolate

Yellow is one of Marker (my workplaces) clients and every year they set a challenge to create something using all contacts from their directory service so the 2009 challenge was to create a chocolate that tasted of yellow.

They had a lot to live up to as NZ already has two favourite yellow chocs, pineapple lumps and perky nanas.

My verdict - as it does not actually have any cocoa in it, it is more of a sweet than chocolate. I love the packaging design as it is bright and fun and advert is very quirky, reminds me of The Beatles yellow submarine or the cartoons I grew up with, munch bunch, rainbow bright, care bears and so on. The smell is extremely sweet and tropical fruity. The taste is white chocolate with some undescribable flavour.

It was fun for something different but as I am little miss allergy and the fake colours and flavours caused me to have a slight reaction, plus the after taste has that sickly stuck in your throat thing, I am unlikely to try it again.

oh and for the weight watchers out there the whole bar is 6.5 points so not as high as some traditional bars.

Read the full story and watch the ad on Yellow Chocolates official site.

No comments:

Post a Comment