Monday 15 February 2010

Real Women Duathlon

As part of my change to a healthy lifestyle, pushing myself exercise wise was a big goal and this Sunday I entered my first duathlon. I was super nervous and basically didn't sleep the night before but it turned out everything was fine on the day and apart from having a very heavy and slow bike I actually made a pretty good time and albeit slow I am noticing a small improvement in time from race to race.

My final time was 1:03:31. (fastest was 36:55mins) I was 217th out of 476 competitors.

Anyway this post is more for me than anything as I am really proud of myself, 5 years ago I never would have thought I could do this.

2 comments:

  1. Go you. I am so impressed. I have lost all motivation, perhaps I need to move to AKL to have an exercise buddy to get me back moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that would be great as I never have anyone to do it with either

    ReplyDelete