Tuesday 21 October 2008

Tent


I have been a patron of all kinds of Dance since I was knee high to a grasshopper and one of my favourite NZ choreographers is Michael Parmenter. I used to hang out like you wouldn't believe for his next work so you can imagine how happy I was to hear he had a new one out as I haven't seen anything since I left NZ way back in 2002. However, I hated it and mum mustn't have been 100% riveted either as she fell asleep. Instead of the dark moody yet beautiful works of old we had reggae and dance music with people playing mock netball games and sin of all sins talking It felt more like a bad play than a good dance and as for the rather misleading advertising which never appeared in the show as they wore summer beach outfits throughout. Needless to say bring back the brooding Michael old.

NZ Heralds review
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10537450

No comments:

Post a Comment