Monday 6 October 2008

La vie en rose


Well I finally got around to thanking my carpark benefactors Mike and Steve in the style they deserved by going to the year on year award winning French Cafe. It was the most wonderful experience location was great, decor superb, waitors impeccable and the food - if only you coud see my face you would know how good it was. Even the toilets were delightful with fresh rolled towels and beautiful smelling creams. Who says money can't buy you happiness as every detail of the night was perfect except the price it was without a doubt the most expensive dinner I have eaten. Now I want to do it again and this time with the chefs 11 course set menu mmmmm!

this is what I ate (but I also sampled all the guys meals as well :)

ROASTED FRENCH GOATS CHEESE
caramelised onion, beetroot and fig tart, red wine syrup, rocket leaves
CRISPY ROAST DUCKLING
sweet spices, steamed bok choy, mandarin puree, kumara mash, jus of oranges
PASSIONFRUIT CREME BRULEE
marinated strawberries, lime leaf foam, strawberry puree, white chocolate sorbet

www.thefrenchcafe.co.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment