Sunday 3 January 2010

Christmas food mmmmm

So this year I managed to squeeze everyone into my apartment and host dinner on Christmas eve. I even managed to keep the food semi healthy with salad, roast veges, asparagus and ham for mains and summer berry jellies and kapiti vanilla icecream for dessert. We then went to have a drive around the festive lights, great night and was very spoilt. my mum as always has a great sense of humour mixed with practicality and brought me a sun umbrella that looks like a tropical beach scene.


Christmas day was also fantastic as we went to the big family gathering and caught up with everyone as I am sure with all families we are not alone in that some of our cousins we only see once a year so always great to hear what they have been up to.  My nana also made it out and even at 104 was still loving the bubbles and flirting with the men - can so see where I get my passion for the male species from. Then we went and saw Avatar which the 3d was incredible the fact that most of it was computer generated was amazing as they looked so real. I fully enjoyed it. It was such a visual feast, but yes for all the die hard movie goers out there the story was very formulaic and predicable but it didn't worry me as all the artistry made up for it. Oh and did anyone else notice how similar the leads voice is to Russell Crowe's? Little warning your eyes are mega tired and sore by the time you come out.


No comments:

Post a Comment