Wednesday 12 March 2008

Womenz night out



OK so this is a story of how a flukey hearing of an ad on bfm turned into one of the most inspirational nights I have been to in ages. I had caught this ad talking about a women's night out and being the passive feminist that I am thought it was worth checking out it only cost $40 so wasn't much to lose if it turned out to be bad. So off Leanne and I went to the beautiful Langham hotel to be greeted with wine and canapes and lots of interesting stands to look at. Then we went inside and there was the best goodie bag I have ever received with food, cosmetics, magazines, vouchers, and more. Four ladies talked and we got to see Susan Wood and Peta Matthias live. Now if your thinking free drink, a great goodie bag and inspirational speakers was enough well just wait we also got a live performance from the female duo Pearl who lets just say made me almost cry. So even though this mag/internet site was set up for women 40 and over I would highly recommend going along to the next one in June I know I will be.

www.womenz.co.nz

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun...
    I BUY THAT HEALTHY FOOD MAGAZINE.
    I love it.
    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:22 pm

    Oh my Goodness Tanya. How awesome of you to post this and not only that - to include our logo and our web site address. You are one cool chick! Our WOMENZ NIGHT OUT events are for all women of all ages and I see you are coming to the next one on 18th June!Even though our online mags has a bent towards the 35 plus we have all ages - cause we just love women. We're pretty amazing!This is our way of taking our values and appreciation for women to everyone. It's a not for profit night so hopefully price isn't a barrier to any woman attending. It also means we have no advertising budget so we so rely on women like you to spread the word. You go girl!!Cheers from the team at Womenz.co.nz

    ReplyDelete