Thursday 27 March 2008

Geek Girl Dinner

I went to a dinner/networking event tonight for "Geek Girls". Well after a life of being labelled Geek, Nerd, Dork, Weird, Old Soul, Different and so on I thought this would be a forum I felt at home in. Well the truth is I didn't. I am in fact an out of date geek you could say as my love of comics, movies and books are all outlets of the past. Kinda like grunge I went out in the 90's about the same time texting, and the net came in. Now I am not trying to suggest I am cool either I think I have gravitated to normal - a strange place for a person like me to be. I learnt that a MAN is not always a man, an ATM is not always an automatic teller machine and coupling is not always in reference to sex.

So will have to work on my weirdness in future as being average was never a goal of mine.

Thanks to Noemi for organising our night out it was an eye opener and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment