Sunday 5 November 2006

Dehli, Mandawa, Shekhawati, Bikaner



Well India is very different to home. The airport took 1 hour to get the bags to us then a man tried to steal mine only to have me chase him (and I had half the army behind me as I had been chatting to them while we waited as they had all been in hong kong vacationing on a golf trip) so needless to say with an armys help I got my bag back. then the hotel tried to scam me out of money by saying I had given them a 100 ruppee note not a 500 but screamed and got out of that one too.

So am on tour now and it is really starting to get good as was a little slow at first. Dehli is an experience as it attacks every sense. One hour feels like 2 so by 4pm it feels like bedtime. So many stray dogs and homeless its a bit sad but don't have enough money for all of them.

We then had our first public bus experience which was 9 hours of 200 people crammed onto a 72 seater bus. Kids sitting on you. numb bums. pushing. Screaming. Smoke and dust in your eyes, heat stroke and so on. Very hard to describe unless you have been through it. but we had the cutest room once we arrived in a haveli or painted house that used to be owned by the rich merchants on the silk road.

Am totally in love with islamic architecture now it really is very pretty and romantic. Starting to get my shivas clear from my ganeshs and krishnas. Loving the food and even though I am eating heaps seem to be losing weight.

the dust is a pain though it gets all over everything so will need to bath everything once I get to thailand.

what have I missed out well so much as this place has so much to see and talk about its impossible to write in a summary but am having a great time with 11 great fellow travellors of which along with another guy I am the youngest.

Even thought this is called the second silicon valley internet is scarce and no wireless so hope you can see some pics soon as I have some good ones.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:27 am

    Hi Girlfriend!! I've been reading all about your cool-arse travels...lucky ducky i'm jealous! Keep safe and crazy all at the same time, Love you, miss you xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete