Wednesday 15 November 2006

Bhenswara, Mt Abu and Udaipur





Well I am at day 15 in India and still alive. Got dehli belly but only lasted 24 hours (better than the boys who both took over 5 days to recover). Its a very interesting place when you leave the desert and see the contrasts of lakes and mountains. I have even done a bit of rock climbing and hiked to the top of one of the mountains in the Mount Abu range. This is also a great place to have fun with art as I have had my face plastered with all kinds of bindis, my neck graced with all assortment of flower and fabric necklaces, my nails with miniature paintings and my arms with henna. I also did a miniature painting art class which was great fun but you really realise how amazingly skilled they are.

Missing female interaction as you can't converse with ladies over the age of 7 here. so all you see everywhere are men men and more men.

tomorrow I am going to a cooking class which should be fun and along with the one in Thailand should add to my growing repertoire of cooking skills.

Anyway hope you are all well.

2 comments:

  1. That little girl with her hand on her chin is divine! My favourite photo. I LOVE it. Good to see you found somewhere to upload pics a bit. Keep them coming. See you at new years!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:50 pm

    Hi Gorgeous-girl! I'm loving your photography...I can feel a new profession kicking off when you return home!
    Thanks for sharing your travels with me - Andre and I are seriously in need of a trip! Thanks for being our inspiration!! Love you, miss you, xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete