Monday 13 December 2010

Back to the workforce

There is a reason I have not been online very often for the last month and that is that I landed an amazing job with an advertising agency called Raydar and as with any settling in period I have been on a steep learning curve and dropping dead every night but the month is over now so I am slowly getting into a rhythm and as such am back to blogging.

I also think that it is rather fitting that it starts with the letter R as the final link in the circle of my previous blog "The R Word"

November 14 - 20
Art and Anarchy Tour
This was an inspiring tour of my local area and the history of some of the public art and architecture. I have always loved the Vegas billboard and the very amazing new Iron bank but new discoveries of the Maori Hall and stained glass entrance to Mercury were lovely surprises. Along with finding out the Moses in my park below my window is a full size replica of the same marble as the original Michelangelo.
I was lucky enough to attend the launch of next years Auckland arts festival 2011 programme. It was a wonderful event showcasing the arts to come and with one of the best inspiring speeches I have heard in ages and made by our very own super city mayor Len Brown - he even sang to us and it made me feel happy that I had voted for the right person.
Then I went along to see Joyce Campbells latest exhibition at Two rooms a most magical photographic series of the spirit of New Zealand.
My wonderful friend Regan came over from Melbourne for a visit and gave me the most beautiful cushion handmade by her. It also gave me an excuse to put up the Christmas decorations early, jiggle around to the carols and burn the festive spices.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:15 pm

    Oops, been offline for a while and missed the whole celebration of employment. Yippee (for employment not for being offline). Now I have to go and read all the adventures that I have missed!

    ReplyDelete