Monday 13 December 2010

Te Rau Rainbows

I went for a drive to Te Rau and on the way we saw the most spectacular rainbow of which no photo can do justice as it was massive, perfect in arc, Featured a second one above, had the most vibrant light and featured every colour of the spectrum. There were more cars than just us pulled over to wonder at its magnificence.

Whilst there I saw more lady birds than I think I have ever seen and tried a lemonade fruit for the first time and man are they yum. I am sure the rainbow and the lady bird were signaling a change in my luck.
Then we headed back to town to celebrate the end of Movember at the official Gala party. My Mo Bro raised a fab $365 for his efforts. There were some very funny outfits and crazy personalities on the night both over shadowing the actual Mo's. I dressed up as a hawaiian gal which was fun to get into the spirit.

My favourite Mo of the night was definitely the Leprechaun as he even went through the pain of bleaching it before he dyed it green - that's what I call commitment to your outfit. Colonel Sanders was pretty funny as well.
Then to round out the weekend of Charity on Sunday I went to the Santa Parade to help collect donations for the Leukemia and Blood Foundation. It was the most amazing sunny day and my duo ended up raising $200 so not too bad an effort. This year saw alot of really wonderful balloons.

No comments:

Post a Comment