Tuesday 2 November 2010

My first half marathon

Last year I tried out my first 1/4 marathon so this year I decided to up the anti and give the 1/2 a go and I did start out training but with a trip overseas and a bout of bronchitis my last 6 weeks were a little low on it. None the less I made it to the finish and was really happy with my time as I improved on my rate from last year. It was also an amazing thing to get to run over the harbour bridge.

Hopefully next year though Adidas picks a slightly more boring colour as the high vis yellow was kinda yuk.

Only downer is hobbling round like a grandma so stiff and sore for the next two days.

I also managed to drag myself out for the always fun Diwali festival as the dance shows are always amazing, the food good and fed my obsession for firework shows.

Also really love the gates they have installed in the Aotea square.

No comments:

Post a Comment