Tuesday 24 August 2010

August Fun

So this has been a bit of a weird month as it has been a mixture of hard out job seeking sprinkled with a little escapism so rather than get into the job hunting as that's a little dry will update some of the August highlights.

Waiwera Hotpools - this is one of those places your parents take you to as a kid and then you get old and think you are too cool, but I have to say it was such a nice place to spend a grey winter day. I still can't get in the 48c pool not even a foot.

Foodshow - This expo is now a firm regular on my calendar as I just really enjoy spending a day at it. It could be the fact that with all the wine tasting by the end of the day you can achieve a nice buzz and whilst cruising on this buzz you can sample so many exciting new products and existing ones from people uber passionate about them. You know I like an event when I will suffer the cost and crowd and even pull out the trolley something not really accepted in NZ society. I found loads of new teas to add to my bulging collection and in an attempt to not look too mumsy bought some playboy energy drinks.

 I also completed my first ever web design a decidedly different challenge to my comfort zone of print. Hoping to see the finished site live soon.
To broaden my chances of meeting potential employers I went along to Sead's Google event where they re-asserted the mind shift to mobiles as a primary source of online interaction, the change to cloud computing and consumer driven apps. Plus the continual rise in social networking sites. Also learnt google had purchased YouTube - the players are getting smaller. All very interesting and met some great fellow lovers of all things online.

I have also managed to satisfy my need for mainstream movies and get along to a few. I am severely behind - the upside of this is for the first time ever I shouldn't have seen every movie on the plane flight coming up.
Inception - 10/10
Cemetery Junction - 6/10
Salt - 7/10
Knight and Day - 6/10
Killers - 7/10

Went along for another fun filled night at K'rds best cabaret bar Caluzzi. I think Pictures tell more than my words.


Also went to another Dance party held in Auckland's Town Hall for Chemistry's 10th Anniversary. The theme was white and most complied making some great black lighting effects. They also had some truely impressive laser lighting. I didn't last long this time as had been at a conference all day so was tired but my fellow dancers lasted till close.

No comments:

Post a Comment