Tuesday 6 October 2009

Spring equinox

As the weather does its crazy change post the spring equinox, I am again grateful to be living in a big island and ever so slightly off the fault line. My thoughts are with all those effected by dust storms, earthquakes, floods, tsunamis and so on.

on to the trivial stuff.

Tuesday went to bookclub and talked about the only book I have read in 6 weeks and oh what a light one at that. Candace Bushnells Trading Up. Not entirely un-entertaining but very hard to keep going in a book where your affection for the main character progressively declines - Janey Wilcox is rather a gold digging, slapper at the end of the day. Also got to eat mmmmmmm Chocolate covered fruit icecream.

Wednesday was like a ten year reunion of BGD(Bachelor of Graphic Design) as went along to the design assembly's lectures and bumped into 4 of my old class mates and a couple of old teachers. Some interesting speakers followed and made me realise how much I miss print design as it really is so much closer to art than web which is closer to maths or science. Think I might have to create a personal project or two.

Thursday went to what I like to refer to as my weekly party in the pool as aquasize is so much more fun than pain. Did strike a problem this time though as we do it in the diving pool and the stairs were broken which wasn't a problem getting in but after an hours workout getting out had to be up there with one of the least graceful moments in my life imagine hhhhrumph one foot out, wiggle struggle roll other foot out then grrrrr push up and slip and finally jump stumble stand - and all this in togs the one outfit that really doesn't hide much. I did feel a little better when waiting for the bus a police wagon came to arrest and pick up underage drinkers who had to have their parents called - ewww the shame

Friday went to a great bar/restaurant on High Street called Vivace for my friend Emmas birthday drinks. Spent most of the night hearing about the plans of the boys who were heading down to mystery creek with their $1,300 tickets to watch the Tua vs Cameron fight, had to admit was a bit jealous as what fun they would have. (pity in the end the fight was a knockout in about 4 mins and 1.5 rounds)

Saturday all I achieved was a very hot right ear from talking to everyone on the phone most of the day. Saw the movie Funny People which was kinda depressing as felt Adam was kinda talking about the expiry date of people in the comedy/film industry.

Sunday went over to see the new craft market in devonport which was fun and bought a new brooch and some earings (oh and no trip to devonport is complete without a visit to the gourmet chocolate shop and having some chilli and line truffles)

Monday learnt how to be an accountant, only to confirm my suspicions that it is not something I would ever want to be but have somehow tacked onto my already bulging job description - love the fact that our program is called xero, seems a bad omen to me would rather my accounting package was called millions myself.

Tuesday tried out the new work coffee machine a nescaffe and even though I don't drink coffee the novelty of the little capsules won out and had to admit the lowest strength ones with lots of milk and sugar was actually ok. Also saw a beautiful romance movie Young Victoria - highly recommend it to history buffs and romantics alike who don't mind the woman being on top.

1 comment:

  1. still chuckling about struggling to slip climb out of the pool...

    ReplyDelete