Friday 16 October 2009

diwali, art and light show




So have had a wonderfully inspiring week (outside of work) Sunday I went along to the Diwali indian festival of light and watched some amazing dancing and then as the sun went down the music revved up and I enjoyed dancing along with a massive crowd of people to Indian house music and fireworks.


Then noticed a giant blow up construction appearing in my local park with some really great standup word art decorated if I am not mistaken by our resident graffiti queen Flox, which turns out will be a one day art gallery tomorrow so more to come after I visit.


Then saw a really inspiring movie about the power of one person and a bit of cultural understanding called Gran Torino. Have a squizz at thus billboard very inventive and the wipers actually move.

Had a great time working behind the bar at my sisters gallery - added bonus got to design the handout so keeping the design skills going. They say if you ask the universe it will come so am asking Jeena if you want to make extra necklaces My sis and I will proudly wear them for you :)

If you want a laugh and a bit of an awwwwww moment can recommend couples retreat pretty funny.



Finally our local communications company Telecom put on an amazing light show against our fabulous ferry building. Its amazing what the meeting between creativity and technology can produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment