Wednesday 28 October 2009

Ruakaka suite plastic

So work has been getting me down of late so I decided I needed a break and lucky for me popped Labour Weekend, now you would think in a country obsessed with bachs and camping that planning 6 weeks in advance would be plenty to find a place to stay but let me tell you it is a gruelling task and the worst part the online sites say rejected with a big red cross instead of a much nicer the place is not available so after 50 red crosses I was starting to feel a bit down. Luckily as I was about to give up andreside myself to the idea of being stuck in town a place came available.

So in the car Leanne and I headed up north to a beachside town called Ruakaka. We had no idea what to expect of the place and were surprised to say the least when we arrived. Firstly it was on top of a hill and had the most amazing views ever. Secondly we were given champagne and chocolates on arrival.

And last but not least was the contents of this bach which is hard to explain but I will do my best. Every door and window had a balaniese  carving over it, every surface had some ornament or two or three and every ornament seemed to have several parts to it. Just when you thought you had noticed everything something else would appear. They also wrapped almost everything in fairy lights of different shapes and colours. We loved the bed which was a mattress in the hollowed out base of a water bed with lace trimmed sheets and alter. The place even came with pay TV and recent pirated DVDs. What more could you ask for.


Now if you are thinking that was enough - wait - was we also had two cats one black with no fur and looked very scary like a miniature panther and I am sure was blind as never made eye contact and the other a cream fluff ball who came in for water and left twice a day.

Now for those of you out there obsessesd with clean windows head my warning. I decided to clean them (I know weird for someone on holiday and not in there own place) as the dirt was obstructing my view. Only to have a bird fly straight into them later that day and almost die from concussion - sorry birdie.

I have included a pic of my friend leanne as she cracks me up - everytime we go north and drive past a certain beach she can't stop laughing, no matter how many times she sees the sign. The beach is called Uratiti. This beach is also next to Waipu. Ah the joy of english sounds to Maori names.

To top off a great weekend of hangin on the beach, reading books, gossiping with the girls and cuddling with new born babies we also stopped for a coffee on the way home and won a $50 petrol voucher from  radio station.

No comments:

Post a Comment