Monday 28 September 2009

500 days of Summer

Watched 3 amazing movies and 2 semi crap ones in the last 3 days.

I will start with the crap - Punisher and Year One. Enough said.

But then there was the good stuff, "let the right one in" a Swedish vampire flick which was so achingly beautiful and totally different to any other bloodsucking movie I have seen before. Then there was boy in the striped pjamas - tissues recommended. What a way to put the equality of man in war in perspective and the beauty of children's innocence.

Lastly and best of all - touting it as my fav indie of the year (I am that confident I won't see one I like better before new years) 500 days of summer had all the ingredients of a perfect flick for me. Boy meets girl, offbeat enough not to be formulaic, absolutely cracker sound track which I have since purchased and finally takes you through the gamut of emotions from happy, giggly, sad, ecstatic, and so on. Go and see it all you gals out there. Not afraid to admit I am forming a bit of a woman crush on Zoey Deschanel too.

Oh and yay for spring all the lambs, pink blossoms and sunshine is making me very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment