Friday 4 July 2008

Burns and Horns




Well last night I managed to burn all the fingers on my right hand at 250 after catching a falling oven door - freak accident I know. It took a massive 5 hours at A&E to get the heat out, I had never known what an amazing insulator skin was once the heat is in there it doesn't want to come out. Anyway the nurses did an amazing job and you can barely tell I was burned (I think the fact that I melted all the frozen things in my fridge and applied loads of lavender oil helped.

This morning after a crap night I was woken to a symphony of horns as all the trucks began their protest on petrol taxes conveniently all round my block - sometimes being in the heart of it is not so fun. Lets hope they were successful.

1 comment:

  1. OUCH - it all sounds painful, the burns, the long wait and all the trucks. Come back to Melbourne our oven doors don't tend to fall often but the wait is even longer!

    ReplyDelete