Monday 28 July 2008

wild and windy weekend

Well apparently Auckland had the worst cyclone in years hit in a bomb type formation but have to say me in my little apartment didn't notice a thing apart from the usual rainy windy winter day. On Monday though when I saw reports of the damage realised it was pretty severe as several roads were flooded, loads of areas were without power and so on - I guess one good thing about being up high is flooding isn't usually an issue.

Due to the weather I had another weekend in doors.
Friday saw Samuel Flynn Scott live at the Whammy bar which was fun his lyrics are so off the wall. Not sure what to call his style as sometimes he sounds like the pogues others like cats stevens and others almost country. I guess if I had to choose a word reflective as all his sounds make you think of something else from your memories.

Then Saturday had a chick flicks day with my sister can you believe 5 in a row. Blonde Ambition, The Bucket List, The Golden Compass, 27 Dresses and Suburban Girl. Quite exhausting.

Sunday more movies - Respect yourself the story of Stax records - very interesting as had heard the motown story but not stax. Then Get Smart which I loved so funny I even snorted I was laughing so hard. Finally The romance of Astrea and Celadon - worst pic of my fest movies and by a french master no less really struggled not to walk out.

Oh and saw mamma mia - for a plunkett fundraiser and not expecting anything as I'm not the biggest abba fan but loved it almost felt like getting up and dancing and singing along alot like I do with grease and sound of music.

Needless to say once I have seen Dark night I might chill on the movie front as even for me this was a bit of an overload. Time to pick up the books again.

No comments:

Post a Comment