Tuesday 3 June 2008

Doing my bit as NZ Ambassador

Thought of you Regan as last time I ventured down to Rotorua it was with you.

It was long weekend in NZ so after hearing that a Chinese girl called Kate who I work with had never been anywhere except Shanghai and Auckland I thought I had better show her some of NZ.

On the way I introduced her to the concept of backpacking, sleeping bags, swimming togs, reduced cream and onions soup dip, saunas and so on.

Our trip went from Auckland to Rotorua to Taupo to National Park to Waitomo to Otorohonga and back to Auckland.

Highlights for me were:
Treks backpackers in Rotorua amazingly cheap, clean and really stylish
Polynesia Spa as love a dip in hot water
The very spooky fog all the way on the trip
All the gold and amber trees
Snow falling over Ruapehu
Meeting a lovely father daughter duo from Israel
zooming down the hill on the luge
and finally the magical glow worms still as wonderful as ever.



















No comments:

Post a Comment