Monday 25 August 2008

art in the capitol

I had a wonderful long weekend spending two of the days down in wellington catching up with friends and going to the two female legends of art. Congrats to Aaron and Bridget on their feb due babe and also to Callum and Hayley goodluck for your birth in 4 weeks time.

I finally saw one of my all time fav NZ artists Rita Angus work in the flesh after writing about her at uni years ago but only having seen about 3 actual works it was amazing such a huge show. What can I say I still love her and her work some are so real you feel like the characters are going to begin talking to you. Her skill with watercolour is incredible and she really captures our landscapes personality so well. Highly recommend it.


Also saw one of my fav aussies Fiona Hall whos work is technically so amazing and inventive but also appeals to me as it is loaded with meaning and symbolism - I am particularly curious to know how she got her hands on so much greenback to shred and make nests and objects out of.

No comments:

Post a Comment