Monday 7 April 2008

Auckland Food and Wine Festival

On Saturday I went with my friend Michelle to the food and wine fest hosted by Foodtown of all people and held down in our waterfront viaduct area. It was OK as any social event is but to be honest when it costs $20 to get in and the entertainment is 3 impersonators Elvis, Neil Diamond and Freddie Mercury with the star being a NZ idol winner and the only other things you receive are a glass(Empty) and an enviro bag(Empty) I think the money could be better spent at a good restaurant or a picnic.

Most memorable thing for the day was Elvis who was rather pudgy pumping with his hand on his groin - not what I call something that promotes appetite.

I did however go to the movie adaptation of one of my all time favourite books - Hunting and Gathering. It was a great telling of it and well cast so definitely reccommend it to any other chicks out there.

We finally had daylight savings today and I relished it as waking up with the sun seems so preferable to the dark. Can't wait for winter as we seem to be skipping Autumn with a mega long summer

No comments:

Post a Comment