Saturday 28 July 2007

Film Festival fever



well I tried not to go as am trying to be good and save a little but to no avail. As always I was swept up in the tide of film festival fever. I did however only go to 4 which is rather a small number to the amount I have been known to see. I finally saw the movie to the crazy 80's book perfume and it was incredible I don't think apart from gone with the wind, and lord of the rings I have ever seen such a satisfying adaptation and it wasnt an easy one to portray as it is an extremely weird story of a murderer. I also saw a funny one in the vain of 4 weddings and a funeral called Death and a funeral that had the crowd in stitches. and two artsy fartsy ones called painted on film animation and one about Edith Collier a female nz painter from the early modernist period.

I also had the added treat of being reminded what a romantic and dreamlike place the civic is to see performances. (So good it even features in the movie king kong) pictures added.

No comments:

Post a Comment