Wednesday 18 July 2007

Blackouts and freelance

Well it has been school holidays so the streets are very quiet which is nice as I have been doing freelance for a company called Gibson Rusden based in the CBD and it means I can zip there in back in no time. I have also figured out that cars are cheaper than pub transport as I have worked out that a return trip city costs me $3 in petrol and $7 in allday parking vs $9 on the bus so sorry no competition and a 10 min taxi ride costs about $35 so way to dare.

I have had a great time freelancing as the team are really nice and I am doing fun jobs for Lion Nathan and the auckland mayor. But it was hard to make a good impression when on day two we had a massive storm which left my home in a blackout for 2 whole days so no straightening irons or showers or clean clothes very funny.

I think I am starting to think a drought is not so bad as atleast the weather seems fairly predictable and calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment