Saturday 8 November 2008

The end of an era

Well I am not ashamed to admit that I cried on hearing that Helen Clark was stepping down as leader of the labour party. I have been a firm supporter of her and Labour since I was given the right to vote. I admire her tremendously as a person and as a leader of our country in my eyes one of the best. She represents strength, community, wisdom and integrity and I am very sad she has decided to stop heading the party.

Thankyou Helen for being such an inspirational role model to me over the last 9 years.

On the upside the other party I support the greens has increased their profile and shown that we are moving away from being so heavily driven by 2 parties and more towards individuals we see as right to speak for us.

I now have my own city run by a mayor I dislike and an MP I have no faith in - it will be interesting to see how they fair.

However in saying this I am glad I live in a country where you have a voice and the country has spoken so I trust this direction the majority wants will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment