Tuesday 20 March 2007

What I've been up to in march




Well in short:
1. Job Hunting
2. Watching lots of crap TV and some good dvds
3. Sewing a patchwork quilt
4. working on losing weight on weight watchers (5 kilos so far!)
5. Reading Viking Trilogy and Peter Jackson Biography

Its hard to do much when you are broke but I have been trying to keep busy. 2 weekends ago I went to the St Kilda and Southbank markets with Ellen and then met up with Kathleen and John to see the Sneakers film Just for Kicks and exhibition at the NGV international. 1 weekend ago I went for a picnic in Queens Park for Ellens Birthday and had fun making her pretty pastel cupcakes for a gift. then last weekend I went to an art lecture about viewing artworks it was a bit of fun as it focusses on how to view an artwork as object minus its historical placement, artists intention, or any focus on the representation within it. Certainly gives a new perspective. I also finished my quilt for Kev as after sewing all the patches by hand I was able to borrow Ellens sewing machine to finish all the long rows of stitching. I am proud to say it looks pretty good for no instructions and very basic equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment