Saturday 22 July 2006

Defining Melbourne




With the knowledge that I will soon be leaving Melbourne and returning back to Auckland I decided it would be nice to define what it is I love and hate about the city and try and take photos of some of my favourite icons. here are a few that I took today but there will be more to come.

Things I love & Hate (I leave it up to you to guess which are which):

Streets - Acland, Fitzroy, Lygon, Brunswick, Chapel, Smith
Yarra River and the daily rowers
Wogs (Italian, Lebanese, Macedonian, Greek, Croatian, Serbs) brought in great food
Milk Bars
Local Pubs
Footie, Melbourne Cup, Grand Prix, Tennis
Screaming Adverts for clearout sales
Hughsy, Rove, Burt Newton, Sam Newman
Expos and Exhibitions for everything and anything
Water Restrictions
Fed Square free entertainment
Bikers along Beach Road
Trains, Trams and Buses "Connex apologises for any inconvience caused"
Luna Park
Flinders Street Station
Graffiti and Stencil street art
Bath Showers
Walls with vents
Channel Ten, Nine msn, Yahoo Seven
Big Brother
Victoria Markets
Bonds
St Kilda Markets
Hot Air Ballooning

well thats a start anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Bath showers are a Brit thing (I think)... I have never had to live anywhere with one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny I have yet not to all in the luck of the property I guess

    ReplyDelete