Saturday 24 June 2006

Uncanny Similarities between life and movies


Have you ever sat in a movie cinema only to feel like the story unfolding on the screen was based on your life. Well I have and not just once. I remember in my late teens watching the three movies clerks/mallrats/chasing amy and thinking oh my god as My best friend was obsessed with comics I was working in a video store and most of my days were filled with pseudo-intellectual debates about unimportant topics.

Then in my twenties I watched the first Bridget Jones Diary film and almost cried it was so close. I had the pink fluffy PJs, lived alone, wrote diaries, was overweight, had a crush on a guy at work and even had the red heart cushions.

The latest was a movie called the breakup. The arguments they have are so similar at times to mine and Kevs its funny especially the one that began about the dishes and ended on ballet. Also the fact hat he spends too much time devoted to computer games.

Anyway thought I would put it out there. I have had more than this but these are the scariest.

No comments:

Post a Comment